Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not so productive

So, I didn't have so much a productive day as I intended yesterday. Pulled my lower back out and still in pain. Could barely walk at times yesterday. In this case, it was lucky I got canceled from work last night. Kind of a pisser that I wasn't even doing anything strenuous at the time. Just turned the wrong way at the wrong time.

Before and in spite of that, I got all the wood from the fence moved into the corner of the yard.

Did the soil testing. Not fantastic but better than it was last year. At least the soil has some N. Haven't spread the new compost yet, which should increase the N content. Phos is moderate, K is high.The pH was neutral. Better than as alkaline as it was last year but some of the things I'm planting prefer slightly acidic soil. So, I spread the rest of the lime I had on hand and raked it in.

For the pH, I'm going to plant a lot more pepper plants, jalapeno, chile and serrano for the primary purpose of adding to the compost on a regular basis. The pH isn't bad, considering I just spread wood ashes not long ago.

Got my W2's, did the taxes. I'll be getting something back from taxes. Most is already owed out but at least it will help me get back on track and I don't owe anything!

Guess I should get up and get moving. Back injuries don't get better by sitting still.

No comments:

Post a Comment