Monday, February 1, 2010

Up early

I'm up early for me. Nearly all my life, I've worked the night or afternoon shifts, so I tend to be one to wake up late in the day. I get up early when my daughter is here but otherwise I'm generally in bed or just getting home from work at this time. Last night, took a Melatonin and got to bed around 12.

So, now I'm just waiting for the outside temperature to increase to a bit above freezing before getting out and getting a few things done.

Made some simple reflectors for the plant lights last night. Had read the idea from another gardener online and found it a good idea. It works well, increases the light in the plant area without adding more lights. I'll have to make some more. Simple construction, just cardboard, glue and cheap aluminum foil, less than $1 for two of them. 

The chile plants have started to sprout. I had started to wonder if I had done something wrong with harvesting the seeds. Then again, they were the most optional of everything I've planted. Couple of watermelon plants are showing. Waiting for the cucumber, corn and big boy tomatoes. Other than that, I'm happy to have over 20 tomato plants showing. Can you tell I like tomatoes? 

Need to get out and do the soil testing today. 

Compost is reducing in volume well but need to up the moisture content. Now that I know it won't turn into one big block of ice, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment