Thursday, February 18, 2010

Didn't last

My daughter is sick and I'm restless. Similar symptoms to what put her in the hospital in December. Don't think I'll sleep well tonight. Glad I still have the baby monitor, which is set up and turned on. I jump every time I hear her cough. To add to it, I think the Zyrtec the doctor advised may be giving her strange dreams. Just writing to keep my mind occupied. Took tonight off from work and keeping her with me tomorrow, out of school.

The whole "yard looks better than since I moved in" didn't last. I spread the rest of the compost from the pit around and raked it out but there's still compost all over the yard. That's okay. I have someone coming over on Sat morning to till a lot of the yard with a tractor, so I can resite the garden and plant properly. No plans on a lot of future tilling but this was necessary and too big to do manually. This will let me expand the garden to over 2x the size of last year. It will also make it much easier to dig holes for the solarium columns. 

Got the last of the old blocks moved from the rear of the shed yesterday. So there is nothing remaining back there, at last! That was the end of the piles of sh** which were in the yard when I moved in! Yay!! Though I have wood and block piles in the yard, they're primarily neat and organized, with obvious purpose.

I started sorting the blocks from the fence. So far, I've identified at least five different forms and sizes of blocks.

Haven't known what to do with the broken blocks until yesterday. Then I realized that I'll need aggregate for the concrete foundation of the shed and columns. Broken cinder blocks will be perfect for the purpose! Though I do need to get a sledgehammer to break them down more.. Then decide where to store it until ready to use it.

Time for bed. Only got maybe two hours of sleep today.

No comments:

Post a Comment