Sunday, June 30, 2013

Few green beans

Picked a few green beans today. Not even enough for a side dish for more than one person. However, had to pick them to keep the vines producing for now. Mostly waiting for more bush beans and the pole beans to mature enough to produce. Then I should have a rotation going. Currently on my last jar of green beans from last year, so they lasted really well. 

I also still have a couple of jars of tomato sauce left over from last year. Have not purchased any tomato sauce/paste or green beans from the store since early last summer. 

I still need to get a pressure canner to process some foods. Had hoped to have gotten one by now but with my employment situation, hasn't happened. 

Still waiting for tomatoes to start ripening this year. Taking some time because I planted almost all large variety tomatoes. However, from the looks of things, I should have some beginning to ripen soon. 

Whenever I actually build the solarium, I want to establish various environments within the solarium. Most will be warm but with cooler subsections, mostly closer to the house. That would allow for growing crops like potatoes, lettuce and spinach for extended periods, if not all year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment