Sunday, December 6, 2009

Different things

Still haven't gotten back to working on the greenhouse. Been too cold, too windy and my energies have been diverted elsewhere for a while. Get back on it sometime this week. 

Last couple of days, my daughter has been here. Today, we made sugar cookies and more cookie ornaments. Some to send to her Godparents in Texas, some to replace ones the dog ate. The new ones are now sprayed with clear lacquer for preservation and dog repellent (I hope). 

Also got all but two windows weatherstripped. They're least in need, plus I have to stand on a cinder block wall to get to them. Another project for this week but that will only take a few minutes.

Venting the dryer into the house has a benefit I didn't think of- humidity! Some people may not like it but I do not care to be mummified while still breathing. Besides, the humidity helps keep the place warmer because humid air transfers heat better than dry air does. So, it helps keep the place warmer even when it's not running. Besides, my daughter and I have been coughing and sneezing a lot less this weekend than in a while.

When I planted pumpkins during the summer, I read accounts of other people who talked about sprouts "leaping out of the ground". When mine sprouted, my thoughts were not that my sprouts were leaping. Now, the seeds I planted in peat pots a couple weeks ago are sprouting and I understand that whole "leaping" statement! Going to have to find something larger than peat pots quick! Too bad the tomato plants aren't that enthused but I know it's a bit cool for their preference.

Okay gotta hit the bath and bed. Have to be up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment