Friday, December 18, 2009

Scary week

I had the most frightening week of my life this week. My daughter went into respiratory distress and had to be hospitalized. She was kept on a continuous nebulizer treatment for nearly 24 hours straight. I have never seen anyone remaining on a continuous neb for that long without being placed on a ventilator (which I feared was coming next). Eventually, she improved and was discharged. The pulmonologist felt it was an acute viral illness coupled with an allergic reaction.

Needless to say the dog is gone.

Been in the process last night and today of cleaning house and washing nearly every scrap of clothing and linen in the house. Going to go pick her up from the ex's shortly. 

She has an inhaler to use for a while. Never had any problem like this before. She's typically in perfect health, aside from sinus allergies. 

I'm deeply overdrawn, not enough work (and couldn't have taken more this week, any way). Still, I want to see where I can take her to go see Santa, long as she's up to it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment