Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Internal collapse

The wind went wild again and did more damage to the greenhouse. The sides are still up and stable but the roof section completely collapsed. Not much surprise, since I haven't yet been able to repair the earlier damage yet. No time, no money and not the right supplies to do it right. Today, I got the supplies I needed to do the job right. Not working tonight, so I should be able to get it done tomorrow. Nothing was torn up or broken, just parts came apart from one another. Got self-drilling screws to prevent that from happening again. 

Some plants are coming back in the raised bed. Apparently, the dog ate the tops off some of them but not the roots. Still, I'm kind of glad that I don;t have anything large growing right now, as the collapse and the weather would have killed it all off. 

Been getting some calls for possible nursing jobs. Going to return those calls tomorrow. Also re-fax my resume to some pharmacies. My best approach may be to work each part-time. More secure that way. Have to wait and see what pans out from discussions and interviews. Way things are going, my only other viable option would be taking a travel assignment, which I don't want to do because my daughter is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment