Thursday, December 24, 2009

Guess not

The cold cover blew across the yard today. Obviously not anchored well enough. 

Low for the immediate area tonight is 8 degrees F. I only have a few plants surviving and not so hopeful for them at this point. 

Several pumpkin plants are growing well indoors. If they make it a few more weeks, they'll be good for placing in the cold cover early. Have to do a better job of shading them this coming year and they'll be likely to be good producers.

All the tomato plants I had going indoors have died off. Too cold when I'm gone for long hours, aside from the damage they took from the dog. I'll just get things started early for spring in a couple more months.

A neighbor offered to help me take down the cottonwood next to the house after the holidays. I'll split the wood with him for it. Probably take down the other one soon but have to build a swing for my daughter before cutting that one down. Seems like a swing is an important thing in her emotional well-being. I don't understand it but not going to deny something so simple. Once I build the greenhouse, a swing will be included.

Presents are out, stockings are stuffed. Daughter left a large box of tissues out for Santa because he may need them on the sleigh, since it's so cold tonight. Shows how considerate she is by nature.

Gotta get to bed. No telling how early I'll be awakened!

No comments:

Post a Comment