Saturday, April 17, 2010

New clothes/ planting out

Not so much in the financial situation to buy new clothes for my daughter and I right now. However, not in the position to not do so. Both of us needed some clothes badly. So went and got us each a few articles of clothing today. Just T-shirts for me, since almost all my remaining shirts are long-sleeved. Got her some shorts, shirts and a denim dress. She picked out a weaved hat which matches it perfectly. Looks like a little country girl. She loves dresses but she's quite a tomboy, so I usually make her wear shorts under a dress.

The surviving tomato plants are officially hardened off to being outdoors now. However, they were all drowning this morning from the rain last night. I went ahead and planted the 14 largest out in the new raised mounds. Drained the excess water from the rest. By afternoon, all looked better than this morning.

Filled the form holes in the cinder blocks and planted parsley and catnip in the holes. Also planted new pepper seeds between the tomato plants. Good thing about the cinder blocks is that the form holes will also be easy to set really stable stakes for cages.

Planted out all the green bean and cucumber plants I have started and staked them. Daughter helped me plant flowers. Among other flowers, we planted lots of marigolds to deter some pests.

Laid down more cardboard in the trenches but going to have to get busy weeding when my daughter isn't here.

Daughter and I sat on the sofa and watched a video tonight. I caught the bunny (who I was letting run loose in the house) and we petted her while we were watching the movie. She's skittish but it seems like that was a turning point for the bunny in accepting us. I eventually just let go of her and she wandered off to the far end of the sofa but came back again a minute later.

No comments:

Post a Comment