Friday, April 9, 2010

Not done yet

Haven't gotten the coop done yet. Been kind of sick today. But did come up with a design which should go together quickly and easily, while incorporating the nests on two levels. So, won't have to do that later.

Got more pallets from Harbor Freight today. They had two stacks out back, said I could have all of them but only six would fit in the van. Have enough for the coop and a couple of other projects. Couple more trips like that and I'll have enough for a good size playhouse for my daughter. At least the frame, then just have to get covering materials for inside and out. 

Checked the appearance of my blog. Still jumping from font to font. Changing settings did no good.

Some of the plants in the garden which I thought were garlic have gotten really tall in the last few days. Today I realized that they're not garlic, they're corn! (When small enough, they look surprisingly similar.) Came as quite a surprise, since I just planted the corn about a week ago. Several are already at least 8" tall. It's a good thing they're growing so fast, which will accomplish the intent of providing some shade for the cooler weather plants. Did not expect them to come up so fast with some of the cold night temps we've had the last week.

Need to get to bed. Have things to do in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment