Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Adaptation

Figured out a couple of adaptations to make which will improve performance of the irrigation system.

One is to improve filtration. The filters for the irrigation lines are okay for larger particles. Small minerals flow through in large amounts. That's what clogs the emitters over time. Figured out that the filter has enough space in the center for some fibrous filter material. Like poly fill for pillows. That would improve the efficiency of the filter by 200%. Meaning improved emitter life and function.

The other adaptation is for the fertilizer injector. Right now I have to watch the fluid level to be sure it doesn't get low and let air in. Also can't let the timer run out or water pressure backs up and main pump intake goes dry. If I add a 1/4" check valve, keep the flow rate low, I can let it run on the timer and not have to stand there until it ends. Long as there's fluid in the bucket, it's all good.

Didn't plant carrots as planned tonight. Too much wind. 

Getting more pissed off at the dogs day after day. They chewed up another sprinkler. Second one in about two weeks. This morning they displaced every single drip line in the south garden, no exceptions. At least they didn't chew up the lines. However, there was still acid in the lines, which probably explains it. This evening, the puppies were both in the garden. When I went to chase them out, the girl ran away. That made me upset. Then I tried to chase her back to the gate, she holed up behind some cinder blocks. I got around behind her and went to pick her up and she tried to bite me. That almost sent me over the top. Grabbed her snout and then her throat (not hard but to control her). She howled and cried like I was killing her. Then the eldest female started barking like she was going to attack..me. Put the girl over the 2 1/2 ft gate, then cornered the eldest female. One finger pointed at her made her cower on the ground. The female pup wasn't hurt. Came up wagging her tail immediately after.

This has to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment