Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Irrigation improved

Found a couple of leaks in the irrigation system last night to one zone. Plugged those and the pressure is vastly improved. I was wondering if there was a kink in the main line because the other zone pressurized fine. Or of I had too many micro-sprinklers on that zone. Didn't think so. Problem solved.

Hopefully solved with enough time remaining for cool weather crops to germinate. If not, that side of the garden is going to be largely bare for some time. 

I see a few small lettuce sprouts coming up. For all I know, there may have been more and the dogs took them out. They chewed the tops off the few onions remaining. Not sure if the onions will form new tops or not. Wait and see. 

Tilled around the trees in the back yard last evening and mulched heavily around them. Set up irrigation to the trees but haven't set up irrigation to the surrounding area yet. Have to clear more dead grass before doing that. Going to be a lot of manual labor to weed the back area this year but at least I should be able to do so. I have more time than last year and my health is better. 

Also tilled out a few flower beds. Going to mulch one and plant later. May wait until after next paycheck and get some weed fabric, then mulch. 

Planted potatoes and lots more carrots last evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment