Friday, April 11, 2014

Toxic

Not too much agricultural going on today. I was pretty tired after work. 

Had to clean up after the dogs. That was no small task. 

I did get out with both sprayers and treated for weeds. 

Used acid on the garden paths in a really strong solution. Give that a day or two before I till. Hoping this works to kill the grass and weeds off. I did realize that with drip irrigation the acid on the paths won't immediately help the soil in the mounds. Not until it rains, if then. Otherwise, probably not until next year, after the garden is tilled again and the soil gets mixed up again. But I can apply acid heavily to the sides of the mounds and it should do some level of good. Most value to things growing is going to remain adding acid the the irrigation water on occasion.

Outside the food garden, I sprayed weed killer. Luckily, the weeds are mostly coming in before the grass is. Even with the large numbers, it was possible to spray individual weeds. Still lots more to go but off to a decent start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment