Saturday, April 5, 2014

More irrigation revisions

Made a couple more revisions to the irrigation system today. 

I did use poly fill stuffing in the center of the filters to increase efficiency of the filters. Easy to do, basically free and can replace the material many times with the remaining stuffing. It didn't impact the pressure output by any noticeable degree. 

Installed drip lines for daughter's small garden. Replaced the lines for the lettuce patch. All seem to be working much better now. 

Get the last lettuce seeds planted tomorrow. That's taking a chance with the dogs because they can still invade the garden and have dug in several places. Where they haven't dug, they've trampled and scattered soil. So I have not question there will be bare patches. Not doing like last year, though. This time any lettuce not growing where I want it will be tilled under. 

Have to get flower seeds started this week. 

Not going to be able to afford a plastic drum to make a compost tumbler this paycheck, unless I sell the Camaro. Wish I could get 2-3 of those and do away with the compost pile. I admit the tumblers do a much better job and look better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment