Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fertilizer injector

Got the fertilizer injector installed today. Had to drill a hole, tap it to form threads for the valve, then install the valve. Has a slight seeping leak but then the bolt I installed did also and that stopped a day later. Hoping that happens here. If not, have to pull it and use some plumbers putty around it. It's not stopping the system from pressurizing. 

So, I can finish setting up the first and largest zone tomorrow. That includes most of the north and south main gardens. Then I can run acid, let it sit overnight, flush the lines and start planting out by Tue evening. Weather permitting, that is. 

Once I get the seeds in place, think I'll set the system to run 10 minutes every few hours to keep soil moist. That is, during daylight hours. Let it go longer for deeper moisture at night. The first seeds I'm planting are mostly shallow seeds, lettuce, spinach, carrots and kale. Letting the system run every few hours should also help keep the soil cooler to increase odds of germination. That's in addition to planting out some seedlings already started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment