Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Oh, well!

Tried getting the well pump running today. No luck. Seems like the foot valve is stuck open or clogged. I may have to get a shorter length of pipe to suspend the pipe higher off the bottom of the well. The pump pressurizes but has a small leak at the gauge. Have to do something about that. 

Just for security, I poured some Muriatic acid in the well. It bubbled so much the foam came out of the top of the well. Must have been a lot of debris in there. However, I did flush the well a little while later. Think I'll pour some more in and let it sit overnight. That may do the trick. If not, I'll have to pull the pipes I sunk and take the foot valve apart, see if I can clear it. If not, have to replace it. 

Going to try something new this year. Kale. I keep seeing it listed as a cool weather crop, figure it's worth a try. Only tried it one time years ago and hated it. However, it was raw. Back then, not even one of the chefs knew what to do with it and none of us liked it as anything but decoration. Now I know it should be cooked. Even since that time, the only thing I have personally seen it in is an Italian soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment