Saturday, March 22, 2014

Vapor lock

So, went out to trouble shoot the well pump. Went through same steps as last night except checking power. Nothing. So, left it plugged in while I depressurized the intake to get ready to return it. Motor kicked in and system pressurized in a few seconds. Obviously some kind of vapor lock. Not sure what to think. Keep an eye on it. I'll return it if it happens again. For now, I'm thinking maybe a stuck valve or mineral deposit. When I opened the output, the pressure still shot the water across the yard at least 30 ft. 

I am going to take the pressure gauge back today and see if they have a replacement they'll sell me. I don;t want to waste the replacement on just the gauge. 

In any case, glad I found the receipt. I know it's still under warranty for another 11 months. Not going to have to delay anything for lack of water or run up the water bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment