Monday, May 9, 2011

Another sandstorm

Another windy day. Not quite as bad as some previous sandstorms but winds up to 40-some mph. Garden survived quite well. Can't say the same for my sinuses.

The plants I ordered arrived. They were dormant but each a good size. Went ahead and planted them. Strawberries outside and tomatoes inside. Wait and see what happens now.

Most of the strawberries I planted before seem to have died off but a couple are growing again.

Still seems like 30 is some kind of magic number for me. With the new tomato plants, that brings me to 26 plants inside and about 4 which are recovering outside now. Though there is still the big one, forming new leaves. Need to start hardening off the ones inside.

Today was a much better day at work. I still think it's asking for trouble to have as many as four charts on one patient. I'm better getting the hang of juggling them but it's still too much information spread across too many places.

Got some good news. I was afraid the water could be turned off before I paid the bill. But crossed my fingers because I didn't have the money for what I figured the bill would be. Didn't open the bill..until tonight. That was when I found out I had overpaid the bill last time, so I actually owe nothing! Fact is, I still have a $3 credit. That was a big relief!

My knee is almost completely well. Can stretch my leg out to normal extension when walking. Not so great at squatting but keep doing light squats to help stretch things out. This weekend, it didn't hurt much at all, just felt tight, like it was still wrapped when it wasn't.

I got the back yard straightened out a bit yesterday. Moved the pallets back to a stack near the gate. Raked up all the seed pods from the chinese elms, along with the detritus from the dog chewing on stuff.

Getting to bed before 10 tonight. Read for a while and get to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment