Sunday, May 22, 2011

Planting out

While daughter was playing with her friend, I got some stuff done around here.

It had clouded up and looked like it would rain (but didn't), so I started planting out tomato plants. They've reached a good size for planting out, getting too large for their containers. Some are already staked and I just moved the stakes with them. I still have some in containers and will move them to larger containers. Some will go into hanging and upside down planters.

Daughter and I went for a walk this morning and picked cherries. She wanted to pick cherries to sell to help me buy a new car. Guess she's tired of the bus. I feel badly for not having a car right now but it's financially an advantage. Saving the cost of gas and insurance, aside from the cost of the vehicle itself. Be much more practical after the ex's SUV is paid off. Any way, daughter couldn't sell the cherries, so she ate many and gave the rest away. Such a good kid!

The dog has been trying to dig under the rabbit hutch and get at the baby bunnies. I tried the nice way but I found she's been at it again. So I took her out next to the hutch a little while ago, pointed at the rabbits and swatted her nose several times. I haven't been able to completely stop her from digging in the garden. For that, I need to get some cayenne powder. As for the bunnies, if I see more signs of digging, she gets put on a tie-out line. For the most part, the bunnies are safe because the bottom of the run has chicken wire in place. Still, I don't want to find an injured or dead baby bunny. For all I know, there were more of them a few days ago. The dog has plenty of food, so that's not the problem. It's all behavioral. Have to check one more time before bed.

The ex surprised me with a book by Mark Twain she found at a thrift shop. Said it was only about $1 but still quite a surprise.

Time to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment