Sunday, May 15, 2011

One muddy kid!

My daughter spent quite some time today playing with her friend from across the street. They always have fun together. Today, they were playing with the water hose in the back yard. Daughter got muddier and dirtier than she has ever been. I took a picture but she didn't like that very much. Got rather upset.

While playing with the hose, she sprayed a hole in a bare area of dirt and uncovered another section of black poly pipe. I wound up digging most of it out of the ground. By now, I'm not sure how many seemingly random lengths of this pipe I've dug up. Still need to dig out the rest of this one. Don't want to eventually be tilling and run into some of it. Better to get rid of it while this space is still mostly bare. Besides, maybe digging it up will loosen the soil so grass grows better there.

I don't have the money for it right now (though it's only $20) but Harbor Freight has something I want. (surprise, eh?) It's a solar powered fountain pump. No battery, so it only runs during the daytime. It has good reviews and apparently it's not weak, has a good rise to it. Wouldn't be too much good at the moment, with no pond to use it in. It has been in my plans since moving in, though. Figure maybe I can eventually try coupling the pump with a solar powered floodlight, see if that emits enough light to power it at night.

Got the connections for the pump put together. Have it set up so it will take only a minute to disconnect and bring it inside. With the well being in front of the house, I don't care to leave the pump unsecured. This is until I install some kind of base to keep it safe. Any way, the pump runs but even with priming, wouldn't pump. Need a foot valve. No way around it. Can probably get one tomorrow, long as I get out of work on time. There's a well supply place two blocks from my house..but they're only open 8-5, M-F. Because that's the only time anyone could need well parts or service, right? That's New Mexico.

Going to get to bed early. Mondays are long.

No comments:

Post a Comment