Friday, May 6, 2011

Disorganized

I have to say the clinic where I am working is rather disorganized. And with very good reason. The way things are set up, depending on the diagnosis of the patient, that one patient can have up to four charts (which I am aware of). Now, that is counting a central computerized chart. Then, on the computer, it can take as many as four computer programs to handle charting, labs, orders, scheduling, profiles (military medical limitations) and with information scattered in various files in different places.

I find it rather amazing the place functions at all.

I was told when I started that if I saw how something could be done more efficiently, to speak up about it. I think next week I'll put that to the test. I'm sure I can come up with methods to streamline all of this, condense it and make it easier to handle. Dependent, of course, on how much resistance I encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment