Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Knee better

My knee felt better today than it has in six weeks or so. Any coincidence that it's the day after I gave in to my Irish side and had a few shots of bourbon last night? Still hurts with an ache but not the sharp pain I've been having.

Came home and found the dog had tried digging under the hutch again. She has also dug in the garden. Added to tearing different things up and crapping where I've tried getting her to stop, became just a bit too much. She's now on a tie-out line. Can't reach the garden, far from the rabbits but food, water and the place she should be going quite convenient.

Good news- I get both Friday and Monday off with pay. Bad news- ex wants to drop daughter off late Saturday. Means we won't get to the aquarium without an expensive cab ride. She can stay with me at least part of Monday but there's no bus service in the whole city on Monday. And no bus service on this side of town on Sunday. Ex wanted to take daughter to a movie. Think I'll see if we can trade days with daughter.

Made it through to payday, tomorrow morning. Finally! Yeesh. Slim margin. Can take the water pump with me tomorrow or Thur and swap it for a different model. Looks like I really need to or the north garden just isn't going to grow. Everything starts growing, the dies off. Checked today and the soil was dry down to 4" or more. Barely moist past that point. Have to come up with a rotation schedule for watering different areas. Hope I don't have to replant the north garden but wouldn't surprise me. Lots of things have started there and then died off or at least suffered quite severely.

The big tomato plant took another hit. Winds caused the main stem to work down the stake. Main stem broke and everything above died. It's already forming new leaves below the break, so it will probably grow new stems again but going to take a long while before it grows any tomatoes. Bummer.

Started pulling seed pods from onion plants today. Number were developed and one had even split. Lots more still forming.

Going to get to bed early tonight. Maybe that helps my knee, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment