Friday, May 6, 2011

Nightly update

Main reason I wrote earlier was just because i finished the book I was carrying. First and then second buses were late, causing me to miss the third by a few minutes and had to wait for another one for about 40 minutes.

Looks like that last frost finally killed most of the tomato plants. Only three are showing outward signs of life now. Not going to pull the other ones up. Maybe they'll still recover. If not, the count of plants inside is 25 and they're getting to be a good size. Still be a couple months before they produce, though.

First flowers have bloomed in the new flower bed! They're tiny pink and yellow flowers. But I note that dozens more small plants are now sprouting. Maybe this flower bed will wind up looking something the way it was planned! Yay!

Now still hoping the other two flower beds start growing. Makes sense if they bloom later, as they're both in partial shade.

Happily, a couple dozen more lettuce sprouts are visible.

I went ahead and added height to a couple of the trellises because the green bans are nearly at the top of the lower section. Lots of little white flowers and I'm guessing I should be able to pick the first green beans in about two weeks.

Looking more optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment