Thursday, June 9, 2011

12 days

It rather sucks sometimes to feel like you've made a major accomplishment to survive until payday. Right now I'm happy payday is only 5 hours off. But along the way I've had food in the house and kept my promise to my daughter.

Only 12 more days left to my contract. Looks like my coworkers eventually came to accept me, if not even like me to some degree. They are female and considerably younger than I am. Think I had to prove I'm not lazy or an arrogant bastard. And that I wasn't going to try chasing skirts. I think they also have some sympathy because they've seen some of the problems dealt me which I did not cause. After getting to know them a bit, I'll miss working with some of them. On the other hand, I will not miss this clinic and will definitely not miss the nurse practitioners.

Of course, I'm anxious about the future. Hopeful something stable will come up. Still going to try and spend more time with my daughter during the summer, though.

Keeping it a short night. May still go to the plasma center tomorrow. I'd like to use the money and buy my daughter a new bike. If I'm going there, should get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment