Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fitness

Once in a while I check my vital signs just for kicks. Few years back, while still eating gluten, my blood pressure had gone as high as 142/92. Technically high but the time when I took it wasn't the best then. More alarming was that my heart rate was always above 90 and frequently over 100.

Changing my diet and getting exercise has done wonders. The other day I checked my vitals. Blood pressure 107/75, heart rate 85. And this was less than 2 minutes after smoking a cigarette and climbing one set of stairs. Not bad for 49 years old and smoking since I was 11!

Today is my last day of formal work. Tomorrow I have to turn in keys and cards.

Think I'll get a card for the people I've worked with. Especially the med techs. In any case, going to the dollar store and plasma center today or tomorrow. Try to stay one step ahead of things. Can make it to payday without going but would prefer having a bit extra on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment