Monday, June 6, 2011

Under a blood red sky

Smoke from the fires in AZ blew in again this evening, turning the sun and whole sky blood red. There are even ashes falling in small amounts. Stings the eyes and makes it hard to breathe. Really hard to believe this is blowing in from 400 miles away.

Went to the plasma center again this evening. Went much faster and I was able to get out with time to catch the bus home. I can go back again on Thur and probably will. If the line isn't too long. Only down side is that it leaves me really thirsty afterward. Biggest benefit to me directly is reducing stress. It also seems to relax me a bit. Is it possible stress hormones can be filtered out with plasma? I know worrying less about money helps.

Of course I've been cutting back on coffee a little. My attitude has changed about my current job. I refuse to be beaten down or intimidated. Not an issue at all of not caring. I care very much. I just want to work with other people that also care.

So far, the smoke hasn't had a negative effect on the garden which is visible. Hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment