Thursday, June 23, 2011

Got it!!

Got the job! Permanent, full time, at wages I can live on! Yay!!

First thing in the door, turned out I was being interviewed by two people, one of whom has worked with me in ER several times. She recalled I was one of very few LPN's in the city allowed to work ER.

I'm always honest about what some people see as flaws in me. Like being seen as gruff or aggressive when it's really being adult, focused and straightforward. Neither of them are from New Mexico, so that came off as a point strongly in my favor. Whew!

It's long term care but they're increasing acuity levels and adding a low level ICU. I'm already slated for that unit and it's not even built yet. Nice!! Until that unit is built, they're adding tele and forming relationships with doctors suited to the higher level of care.

The offer has to be formalized but it was made clear the decision is made. Have to be there Monday morning for paperwork, get fingerprints done and plan for orientation Wed and Thur.

Pay will be stated later (just told them to let me know next week) but will range from $22.50 to $29 after shift diff. If I work weekends, that adds another $2 an hour. They said I'll be on the high end of the scale. And they have no problem with me working extra with the agencies.

I do still need to pick up some extra work in the next two weeks for short term needs. Bridge the gap. But this interview came at exactly the right time. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment