Monday, June 20, 2011

Garlic and onions

Got home rather early. Discovered last week there is a bus which can get me home at a decent time. It does mean bypassing many stores I shop at like Dollar Tree. And it's imperative I get off work on time or 5 minutes early. (I usually get there at least 10 minutes early.)

Any way, I dug out the recognizable garlic when I got home. It's small but fragrant. I may have planted it too deep for good results.

Pulled out more onions. Again, small. However, lots of them and they taste really good. Tops can be chopped up as bug repellent/surface compost/mulch.

Garden isn't looking so great right now. Partly because the cold weather crops are dying off. Though it's been hot and dry enough that even the summer crops seem to be suffering a little. Still, some things are growing. Few degrees cooler today than the last few days, so I'm hoping to see some recovery.

Looks like I will save the house from foreclosure. It will be rather close but I can do it. If I can get only one shift with one of the agencies it will be much more comfortable. Then I will be current on the mortgage and have up to a month to get the next regular payment together. In about three months, the ex's vehicle will be paid off. Somewhere in there I need to pay off the lawyer so I can avoid being sued. Then try to get a month or two ahead on the mortagage so I don't wind up in such a position again.

After beginning the day irritable, I later wound up rather relaxed. Should be able to sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment