Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Today was the final day of my contract. It was a truly slow day. One patient in the clinic for the whole day. Only had to turn in my card and key in the basemen, which took less than two minutes. Other than that, sat by the phone which rarely rang.

The Major said she thought I was there for at least another week. I thought about it and realized I had never counted the weeks. This turned out to be about 11 weeks instead of 13. But I didn't come up with these dates. Maybe someone miscalculated. If so, too late now. My computer access is expired and my access card no longer valid.

At the end, the med techs said they enjoyed working with me and would miss me. I told them I enjoyed working with them and would miss them as well. But not the NP's. They understood.

Job interview tomorrow and another next week. Still, my situation is stressful for now. Strong potential for improvement.. Or complete failure.

North side of the garden is looking terrible. Corn is dying off and not much else growing. Part of it is still the soil not holding moisture. That section sees more sun than anywhere else. But it could also be lack of fertilizer. Tonight, went back to injecting ammonia deep in the soil. Mixed it with liquid fertilizer. If I don't see improvement by Friday, going to take the rows down, mix with compost and mulch and start that side over for the most part.

South side is improving but still weaker and slower than I'd like. Sprayed with fertilizer tonight. Know I may be impatient but only 3 months left to growing season and I'd like to get this land turned around this season.

Stopped at the plasma center but didn't stay. Line was too long. No urge to wind up wasting the money on a taxi. Can go during the day tomorrow after the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment