Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blood loss and heat

Made it to the plasma center today. Still a long wait. Seems they have a number of new employees that are in training, so things are at a crawl.

Nothing to do with that but the machine I was hooked up to malfunctioned. When you give plasma, the machine draws blood out of you, spins it down to separate plasma from red blood cells, then pumps the red blood cells back into you. This is done in multiple cycles. Well, apparently it didn't give me back all my red cells back. Luckily, it was at the end of the first cycle. Could have been worse if it had been later. Wound up slightly dizzy until I drank a lot of fluid. Know I got most back.

Then went out in the heat. Remember I'm from Texas. For it to be hot enough for me to sweat just from the heat means it's hot! This afternoon, I was sweating just from being outside. It was a couple hours later and didn't have anything to do with the blood loss.

I have a couple of tomatoes growing! Only a couple but more flowers growing here and there.

Been thinking and really thankful to the powers that be for the new job. It's been a long road with only the agency work. Happy for the agency work and will still be doing some of that. But having something stable sounds nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment