Sunday, June 26, 2011

Heat wave

My daughter has had stomach problems for a few days. Seems to be from the heat. We went to the zoo yesterday and she didn't have much appetite. Ex had told me she was having frequent stomach cramps but thought it related mostly to junk food. We got home and ate dinner. Later, she threw up. Fine otherwise.

I don't want her to get sick by any means. Next few weeks we'll be sticking with cooler activities and put the zoo off until cooler weather. Though I do not want to teach her to be inactive and have no tolerance for being outside. Otherwise it will mean staying inside due to cold in winter, heat in summer, wind and pollen in spring and rain in fall.

Lack of cooling in my house hasn't helped. Need to do something about that this week. Temp isn't bad most of the day, until afternoon and the sun heats the entire west side of the house. The awnings I put up last year helped but were made from tarps. Winds eventually shredded them. So I need something sturdier. Trying to devise something stable utilizing the pallets on hand. The structure will have to be large to shade most of the west side of the house. But need to get started this week before she comes back on the weekend. Biggest trouble is how to bind them together and support them securely.

First paycheck from the new job I'll get a window or portable swamp cooler. One advantage with either of those is that I can change the water out easily or even throw ice in it when it's really hot.

Meanwhile, I have to be at the new hospital at 10 tomorrow morning. Go pee in a cup and get fingerprints taken (again)! And be there Wed for a couple of hours for something. Most of the day on Thur for wound care training. Not sure aside from that. Discuss scheduling tomorrow. And try to pick up at least one agency shift this week. Going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment