Sunday, June 12, 2011

One sunburned girl

Thought I mentioned it but I don't see it.

I got my daughter a new bike on Friday. I couldn't fix the old one and it's old, heavy and rather ugly. The one I got her is not expensive but is lighter, attractive.. And new. She has been excited about it. Really excited. The ex dropped her off on Fri evening, so kiddo has been trying to ride pretty much all weekend. She mastered it yesterday! Been hard to keep her off it.

Had to make her come inside now and then. We had attempted shopping yesterday. Then went swimming. Add riding her bike and she has been out in the sun most of the weekend. So she has a bit of a sunburn, even though I've put sun screen on her multiple times a day. Fell a few times and has a couple of bruises and scrapes but nothing stops her. Or depletes her enthusiasm. In short, she is ecstatic! Very proud, able to do impressive circles and curves already. I'm very proud of her, too! I let her take the bike with her when the ex picked her up tonight.

Well, it's worth it, even if I have to conserve and eat rice, salad or potatoes for a number of meals in the next few weeks.

One good thing. The generator needs a tuneup. But it seems to run longer on one tank now. I let it run all night last night to keep the fan going. It ran at least ten hours on one tank, which is one gallon. Had the TV, DVD player and lights on part of that time. So, when I replace the spark plug, I'll gap it wider than specs. Means less power but more time to one tank.

Harvested onions today. They were small, as expected. Hope the seeds I planted grow new onions. If they start growing now, they may grow to a greater size in fall or winter.

Definitely seeing good effects from companion planting things which deter aphids. Onions, marigolds and celantro seem to help most. I planted more celantro this week. Didn't expect the marigolds to help before flowering but they are. And those are coming up everywhere.

Regular Sun night routine. Try to get to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment