Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sounds good

Called back about another job prospect today. They had called yesterday and I called back but the agency is in Illinois and had called before I could call. This one is a contract for 13 weeks but pays $4 more per hour than my current contract. But that's not what got my attention. What got my interest is that the position is basically a form of forensic nursing, which I have an interest in. Also something I think I'd be good at. Now the biggest question will be the work hours and if there would be any chance for contract extensions. Hope to hear more about the position soon.

I do want to keep doing direct care but I could keep my hand in that by doing agency work on the side, if the hours allow.

The ammonia treatment appears to be having a positive effect already. Have a lot more green and visibly more growth in only two days. Picked more peas today and lots more ripening on the vines. More lettuce gaining size, surprisingly. One tomato plant, not too tall but forming flowers. Onions are almost ready to harvest. Pumpkin plants beginning to creep. Corn plants are rising. Not that many carrots yet but they surprised me last year. Had begun thinking they wouldn't grow at all and then I had dozens of them. This year I'm hoping for hundreds.

So, I'll keep using the ammonia and vinegar. At the strength I've been using, it doesn't seem to be doing any damage. With the soil composition and increased worm population, it's not causing the soil to be sterile. I won't be overdoing it until that happens. I really only use a few tablespoons at a time, well diluted. Combined with compost and mulch, should help in short and long term.

Going to get to bed really early tonight. Started stretching my knee out because the ligament seems to be healed but drawing up tight. More sleep will help it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment