Thursday, June 2, 2011

Maybe tomorrow

Went into the plasma center after work but left quickly. Line was way too long. May be shorter tomorrow. I'm betting a lot of people won't be hanging out there on Fri afternoon.

One of my biggest apprehensions about the plasma idea is getting home. If it takes too long, I could miss the last bus to my house. If that happens, I could ride down to Pro's market, do a little grocery shopping and call a taxi from there but it would still take a bite out of any benefit derived from the plasma idea.

Haven't been able to quit smoking yet. I am afraid of myself at this point. At work. Seems like I don't have to do anything wrong for these people to make it seem like I have. Got accused of saying something I didn't say yesterday. When I defended myself it had to be quite firmly. Never got an apology.

That and other events led to some revelations. One is that these people are very unhappy. They do not enjoy their jobs and seek any reason they can to avoid it as much as they can. They have no concern for their patients or each other. They look for someone to blame for their misery, not even understanding they create their own dungeon. Before me, they blamed someone else. After me, they will find someone else to blame. And never attempt to solve the problems so evident and easy to repair.

That's okay. Only 19 calendar days left. They cannot destroy me in that time. And since I have already notified my agency of a hostile working environment, if they make any negative statements about me it will be too late to hold water.

I find the whole situation just sad. If I had any feeling they wanted to fix the problems, I would exhaust myself helping them do so. No teamwork. No dedication to each other. Really sad. Glad I don't live that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment