Sunday, June 12, 2011

Forgetfulness

Been rather forgetful for a few days. Probably a combination of smoke in the air and having so much to remember.

Last night, I left the sprinklers running in the garden for several hours. Not once but twice. First in one area and then in another. Of course, with 7% humidity today, doubt that major consequences will result.. Except on the water bill.

In the long run, it may not matter much. Bank is threatening me again. Same old tactics. If you're $20 behind, they add the $700 due next month and claim you're $720 behind. Right now, they have basically added several months of payments together to lay claim that I am nearly four months behind when the truth is that I am less than one month behind. They're trying to either force several thousand dollars out of me or cause foreclosure. So I may not be here to see a full harvest from the garden. I'll try and raise what they say will avoid it but if they force foreclosure I'll just take it and walk away. Not going to keep dealing with this for the next 28 years.

This leaves me in limbo for now. No use trying to make further improvements. Solar is on hold. No way I can pay a lawyer and save the house at the same time. Whole issue will be settled in one month, so I'll hold off on solar and the pond for that time. Happily, I do have enough to live on, far as food and such are concerned. Few more trips to the plasma center may make the difference. One more month with the generator as primary power can be done, just sucks.

But even if only $20 at a time, I need to get my daughter some more clothes. She's outgrowing most of her clothes and others are ragged. Tried to go yesterday but busses were diverted (without prior warning) for most of the day due to the Gay Pride parade. I'm all for equal rights but some notice was in order here.

On a lighter note, corn and melons are now growing. Some pumpkins are beginning to vine now. Haven't counted but have lots of pumpkin plants growing. Peas are dying off from heat but green beans are gaining height. Lettuce is bushing out but much is bolting.

Think I'll forget peas next year (assuming I'm still here) unless it's just snap peas. Too much work for too little return here. But hope they've done their job for the soil. I went ahead and planted bush green beans between the corn plants. Again, lots of work but hope they help the soil. Still no luck with strawberries.

Think I'll dig out some onions today. Many are ready but will likely be small. I've eaten a couple and they taste good, though.

Have to do some cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment