Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another section done

Got another section of garden done. Took a bit more digging and then filling in. Now started on another section. Last will be the center, currently where the dirt pile resides.

Along the way today, started expanding things a bit further. Not planning on growing vegetables there but maybe flowers. The section in mention is right next to the picnic table. One reason for the expansion is that this area is the sandiest. Nothing much will grow there but if I mix that soil with the clay soil it should even both out well.

Funny, the way I've been living lately strongly reflects my late teen years. Searching for a job with few realistic prospects. No car, so I rode the bus. Sometimes I would walk, roller skate, skateboard or ride a bicycle for exercise and to save my money for cigarettes. Though I'm planning on quitting for good tomorrow. Failed a few times but have my mind set. During my teens I was single and not very motivated to date. Enjoyed girlwatching but enjoyed my freedom. I also worked in the yard a lot for exercise, something to do and attempt to keep the place somewhat presentable. Though then it wasn't gardening, it was just battling weeds. The house was run down, roof leaked and only gas heaters for warmth. Though the house was paid for by my grandmother, so no mortgage to contend with. Did not always know where my next meal would come from and honestly did not always get to eat. (Major reason I went to work in restaurants but no urge to go back there unless I own a place.) Yet I was generally happy, even if alone a lot.

Strange how things come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment