Monday, January 3, 2011

Saved by the ex

Got the battery this morning. Van ran fine getting to the agency and then to work.

This afternoon, was sent home early. Went out to start the van, it turned over slightly..then all electrical activity stopped. No dome light. No door alarm. Nothing.

Someone gave me a jumpstart. Didn't work. Still nothing. Turned out the battery had a charge, any way. Figured out it's most likely the starter relay.

While all this was going on, got a call from the agency that the clinic decided they want an RN instead. I got the feeling what they want is a female. Only one male working in the entire building.

Walked to the nearest auto parts store. Quite a walk. They didn't have the part. Walked back to the van. House keys and other stuff still there. Then started looking for a bus line which would get me home.

While walking, the ex replied to a much earlier text, asking how my daughter liked the aquarium today. Subject came up about the van. She offered to give me a ride home. I said yes. She and my daughter picked me up and drove me home. No short distance. She didn't ask but I gave her some gas money. She really saved me tonight. I'm not even sure a bus was still running which would have gotten me home. Couldn't afford a taxi, since taxis cost more here than anywhere I've ever lived or even visited. I really expect a taxi would have cost as much as $70.

The ex said she would give me a ride to get my check and car parts tomorrow. Hope it causes no problems with her bf. Sure helps me. Really appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment