Saturday, January 1, 2011

10 below

This evening, went to drive my daughter back to her mother's. Van wouldn't start. Battery was low. Cable was loose and had corrosion at the terminals. Tried charging it but it charged so slowly that eventually the ex and her bf came and picked her up. I later finally got the van started and battery charging. I'm sorry for not being able to drop my daughter off but happy to not be starting the new year with big vehicle problems. Besides, not sure how I could get to work at 7:30 in the morning on Monday if the van wouldn't start.

The weather forecast here changed today. One station is now predicting temps as low as -10 degrees F! That's the lowest actual temperature I've seen in 20 years. Sounds quite realistic, as my outdoor thermometer already reads 10 degrees. But at least I'm not living in a tent or walking guard duty this time.

Usually I don't worry much about the rabbits in cold weather. They suffer more in the heat. These rabbits even hang out outside the hutch in the coldest weather I've seen here. Their fur is thick and they've gotten quite chubby. Still, I don't like the idea of finding 3 bunnysicles in the morning. So I placed two gallon jugs of water so hot it burned my hands to carry them into the run for the hutch. Have a tarp which I had not used yet, so covered the run with it, so the rabbits should be okay.

Not much to do but go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment