Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple Sunday

Daughter and I just did things around here today. Seems to have gotten to be a pattern but not a bad one. A day of simplicity to rest and recharge before she has a whole week at school.

She had her money and we went to Walgreen's so she could pick out a toy. Didn't take long. She picked out a little battery operated dog. Funny, she's had two of the same toy before. Same thing happens to each one. Wires come loose from the inside top. But she always loved them, though she doesn't recall having one before.

We played games, she played with friends, we read part of a book, went for a walk. Doesn't sound like much but we had a good day.

While she was playing with friends, I finished filling in the spot where the flowers will go.

Noticed the neighbors have a bunch of lawn bags in front of their yard. Think I'll check and see if it's all leaves and grass, ask if I can have them. If it's something else, noted there are hundreds of lbs of leaves in and next to the nearest viaduct. Could take the largest garbage can and fill it, packed. Of course this is all for more compost. At the current time I'm doing well but not great. Still too much clay. Another leaf pile wouldn't be harmful and would be composted by early April if I run them through the mulching mower and keep them covered with plastic. Too bad I don't have a way to heat them up to kill off the weed seeds or I could use them directly. Oh, well.

I'm just getting more determined than ever that this spring will be successful across the entire garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment