Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crooked lawyer

So, haven't filed the bankruptcy yet. The lawyer I went to see was crooked. Wanted to charge over 3 times the amount quoted on the phone. Now I have to find another, more honest lawyer. Soon.

Worked last night. Had to leave home over 2 hours early to get there on the bus on time. Couldn't sleep, so I was awake for 27 hours.

They scheduled me to work tonight, so I slept as much as I could today. Then I was already on the bus and several miles from home when they called and canceled me. Even though I called to confirm the shift 30 minutes earlier.

Started looking around. Decided I'm going to start looking for a manufacturing or labor job. Maybe work my way toward being an electrician. Some of those jobs pay as well or better than many nursing jobs. Some listed as much as $23 an hour. Doesn't mean I've given up on nursing completely. I could take online classes and/or work nursing part time while doing the other job until I get my RN. Leave that decision to the future.

Would have gotten up earlier and worked on the van if I hadn't been canceled so late. As it is, got back home after dark. Now have to spend a couple of hours on the bus tomorrow to get my check. But if I leave early I can get back when it's light and somewhat warm.

Seriously considering going with a chapter 7 bankruptcy. It would mean having the van taken. But with as much work as the van needs, that may not be such a bad thing. Have to find a way to bring the mortgage current outside the bankruptcy. Not so sure on that, with the behavior of Wells Fargo. Worth a try. It would reduce how much I owe out each month considerably. Make things more manageable. Have to look deeper into my options with a lawyer.

Until then, I'm stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment