Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Great Kid

I haven't been the greatest company lately. Between stress, the van breaking down and now illness, I've been a little introverted. (I'm quite different in person than in writing. Can be just as honest over time but typically quiet under stress.)

My daughter has always shown a strong empathic streak. Like she can sense the feelings of others even if they say nothing. And whenever I feel down it seems she tries to cheer me up. This weekend, she never went to see if one of her playmates were even home. She stayed around me, did all she could (successfully) to make me smile and laugh. Made me lemonade, played games and just showed off. Part of this may be because we haven't had lots of time together because of circumstances. Maybe she's feeling the difference. Whatever the case, it helped me a lot through the weekend.

Hoping things start looking up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment