Monday, January 31, 2011

Till death

The weather has been much nicer than the forecast stated for today. Until now. Clouds piling up as I write.

Given the decent morning, I chose to use it wisely.

Pulled back the plastic from the largest section of the south garden. Tilled that section again, then raked the large clumps of grass out and tossed them in the compost pit. Then used the manual rotary cultivator on the whole area. Watered and covered it back up. Soil looks marvelous! Leaves almost completely broken down and grass is following nicely.

Compost pit has accelerated since weather has been warm. But I need to stop adding material to it now for it to be ready by April.

Since I was at it, went ahead and dug more rows in the south garden. At least partial rows. Dug out a total of five rows this morning. Grand total for the whole garden will be 12 rows this year. Most will be split in half, resulting in up to 20 or 21 mounds. Im sure I should be able to grow something useful out of that!

Still no work for now. Hoping the weather change has an effect on that. Current agency said all agency nurses were canceled over the weekend. No word of a shift for tonight. New agency said they should get my paperwork back today (background and drug screen), so they'll call me tomorrow.

Library is closed. Not much else to do. Think a nap is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment