Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A little better

Feeling a little more optimistic than earlier. Nothing has really changed but it's my nature to not stay too down for too long. Not to say I'm euphoric or anything.

Think I'll give one agency a call back tomorrow that has called a few times now. See what they've got. Other than that, try applying for nearby employers. Even if it pays much less it would likely be more stable.

Emailed the scooter company to ask for a wiring diagram. Hope they send it. Still need a working multimeter to figure things out.

Went out and did some work outside. Nothing much but just doing so makes me feel better.

Wet down the soil where I've been doing all the digging. The behavior of the soil is much better but still not great. Then again, the reason for wetting it down is to help break down the organic matter. Without moisture everything I dug in will just mummify in place. Hasn't rained in about two months now that I recall. No moisture, no composting, no hydrogen hence no acidity. No doubt the garden will do better this year than last but it will take years before it's where I really want it. So each winter I'll do much of what I've done this winter. Gather and compost leaves, dig them into the soil and cover the garden to compost old roots and such. That has really accelerated things. Won't be necessary once the solarium is built, I guess. Wouldn't hurt anything, though.

Area back around the rabbit hutch is looking hopeful. Been raking in the rabbit pellets which aren't easily scooped up into the soil. Plus raked leaves across that area, so millions of broken leaf particles were left behind. Wet that area down occasionally. See if some flowers grow there this year.

Have about six spinach plants still surviving and now growing larger. About a dozen garlic are now showing. If the dog doesn't trample them to death, they'll be good. Couple are the elephant garlic planted around Sept or Oct.

Cut some potatoes this weekend and letting them dry for planting. Maybe map out the garden diagram tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment