Monday, April 4, 2011

Bit more done

Got a bit more of my in-processing done today. The one thing blocking me is getting my fingerprints done. Which has to be done on the main AF base. The sergeant over me drove me there this afternoon after being unable to get an answer on the phone all morning. When we got there, one of the people who work there was just walking back into work from lunch at about 1:30. He told us the guy (singular) who does fingerprints wasn't there today.

There are several other parts of the in-processing which I can't finish until I get that done and get a security card which follows. I think they must run prints through the FBI database or something. No biggie. I won't have access to any secure information and don't want to. However, I will be treating people who have high security positions. So just my access to people with access means I have to have security clearance.

Looks like I'll probably be overdrawn at the bank. Haven't received the bonus I was supposed to get. Not sure if the agency hasn't sent it or if the mailman didn't deliver it. For a while, I had the mailbox sitting on top of stacked loose cinder blocks. The mailman told me it had to be a certain height but said nothing else. After I set it in concrete and mortared it together, he left a note saying it needs to be moved forward 2 feet. This is the same one who didn't deliver my mail when neighbors parked in front of the box, prompting me to move the box. It really looks like he's just looking for excuses to not deliver mail. But then the agency sounded buggy about paying the bonus. I haven't even received time sheets from them yet.

Any way, check to the gas company will probably bounce now. And to have money to survive on, I need to withdraw the rest of what's in the bank. No way to know when the bonus will arrive and can't do without food and bus fare.

People at work told me they haven't been happy with this agency. No problem with the nurses, just the agency.

Got home to find the dog had gotten through the fence and dug in the garden in several places.

On the other hand, things are still growing in spite of winds and a cold night followed by a cold day today. Green beans are looking hopeful. Flower plants keep getting taller and more showing through.

All the spinach seeds have sprouted. So have several pumpkin seeds. Have to plant them out this week but had to do laundry tonight. I'll try planting some in shady areas and mulching others directly over the plants. Less urgent for pumpkin plants because they're in larger containers. Spinach are in tiny peat containers.

Have to get to bed early because I have to get up around 5 AM or earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment