Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not so bad

The winds today weren't quite as bad as predicted. It was windy, just not gusting to 60 mph locally.

However, now the forecast says it could dip down to freezing in my immediate area tonight. Good grief.

It was a good day in some respects, not so good in others. Lucked out both getting to work and coming home. Caught buses which met up well enough to get to work 20 minutes earlier than usual and home just less than an hour earlier.

I'm getting the routine down better and better. However, today was what I call a "chatty" day. Meaning people were chatting non-stop about banal subjects most of the day. I hate chatty days.

This paycheck was decent but far from enough to catch things up. Hoping to be able to fend things off until next check. By my third check, I should be doing much better. Can't afford to have the scooter fixed yet, which still holds me back from making more money. Not able to pick up short shifts which are available at the moment.

The converted drip lines are working well. I just had to increase the water pressure going through them. Though at that pressure they do tend to act largely as a massive misting system. Still, all the mist remains in the garden, so it works out well. The old drip lines also work well since I started using them separately this evening. Takes a little more time and effort but not too much. Long as it focuses the water right where the plants need it, it's okay.

Planted more pepper seeds directly outside. Though I moved some of the mulch aside to allow sunlight to reach the seeds. Hope it works this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment