Thursday, April 21, 2011

Creepo

I've mentally nicknamed my harasser at the bus stop "Creepo". Creepo continues to get more invasive and creepier. He has made it an obvious point to sit near me on the bus, even changing seats on one occasion. Then tries to play it off in some way. Tries to walk in front of me and then, once in front of me, slows down. (Nothing abnormal there, as far as Abq goes.) He paces at one stop and has paced closer and closer as time goes on. I stand in places which are unobtrusive and even with obstructions in the way. Yet he finds methods of going around them. Once walking toward a dumpster which he never arrived at..but the dumpster was to the rear of where I was standing, behind the bus stop. He rides all three of the same buses I do each morning and talks with several people. One day, he took a different second bus which arrived a few minutes before the regular bus, hopping on it with someone else he had been talking with. I waited for the regular bus. Somehow, he wound up getting to the third stop later than I did. Then walked past me, very close, looking directly at me as though he were angry I had not followed him. At the third stop is a convenience store. Neither he or I have entered the store a single time since I started this job. Until this morning. I went in to buy something and was there for under a minute. As I headed for the door, who comes walking in the door? Then he comes out, starts pacing and again walks near me, looking directly at me, looking angry.

If there were no other reason, this is motivation enough to get the scooter going. For now, I'm going to start carrying my pocket knife with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment