Friday, April 8, 2011

Chaos

Chaos all around.

One week after starting to work with the AF, the government is shutting down. I will still be employed but some others will be furloughed as of Monday morning. Military members have half their pay for the month frozen. People on training will be called back to their units and scheduled training is canceled. Routine medical appointments not yet scheduled will be denied and only acute problems treated.

Meanwhile, one coworker being sent to Afghanistan has had to give up time off with her family.

I still don't have my fingerprints done or military time sheets. Person who could do time sheets wasn't there today. Not sure if she's being furloughed. Fingerprints? Not sure if and when at all. Which means no computer access.

I let fly on the agency this morning. More lies. The prepaid debit card has turned into a check. On Wed I was told it was mailed on Tue. Today I was told it was mailed on Wed.

It's now after 8 PM. Directed traffic at the dance studio for an hour, until the show started. Then the owner said he didn't need me to stay longer.

Just as well. My knee is killing me. Wrapped it with an ace before directing parking.

Bonus check finally got here. A bit late but at least I have something to survive on until the 25th. Going to tell the 2nd agency I'm available for short evening shifts all next week.

Garden is picking up speed. Not sure how much that will last with the winds forecast for the next couple of days. Tomorrow supposed to be gusting as high as 60 mph.

Going to get a decent amount of sleep tonight and clean house in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment