Friday, April 15, 2011

Recovered phone

Yesterday morning, my phone fell out of my pocket on the way to work. A bus driver found it. He said it was in the middle of the street. I find that unlikely but I did get the phone back today.

Things moving at work, if slowly. The Major made some calls today to speed things along. I have all the mandatory computer courses completed which I am able to access. Waiting for other people to get a move on so I can complete the rest. Cannot believe it has taken two weeks already. Maybe Monday.

Knee is much better. I'll try going without the support tomorrow.

Looks like some of the corn recovered from the cold snap. Strawberries aren't looking so hot. Not sure if that's from weather, soil, fertilizer or insects. Dug one up yesterday, planted it in some straight compost. Hope it's not too hot. Give it a few days and see what happens.

Funny. Thing I rather least expected to be doing best is what seems to be growing most effectively. Potatoes. No worries. They'll help keep the soil moist and the tops will eventually offer shade to some smaller plants as they grow.

Broccoli, peas and lettuce are finally growing.

The dog has had access to the garden for a few days now but has not been digging. Give it a few more days and if she behaves, I'll take the fence down.

No extra work this week but at least I have a night I can relax. Don't have to be up at 5 AM. Have enough to live on until I get paid. Of course, not extravagantly and I'll be paying a large amount of money in overdraft fees by then. Really sucks. But I'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment