Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Upside down

My daughter got a Slither scooter from the ex's fiancee's mother. Nice scooter with two front wheels and one pivoting back wheel. She loves it. Brought it over this weekend, asked me to take her to the skate park down the street. We went there and to the library, which she loved just as much. All weekend she was either on the scooter or we were reading together. How's that for a balanced kid?

When she was younger I tried having a pillow fight with her but she didn't like it. But Sunday she started a pillow fight with me and it turned out to be a long one. She was giggling so hard she almost fell off the king size bed! It was fun.

I asked the ex to pick up some ornamental corn and giant pumpkin seeds for me if she happened to go to a home improvement store. (Hey, her bf is an engineer. They probably live at home improvement stores.) She did. I offered to pay her but she declined. That was nice of her! I'll repay her with some pumpkins later. Much later. Maybe some other produce before then.

I dug up some of the strawberry plants and put them in a hanging "upside down" planter. Going to try it with tomatoes, too. Makes sense. Water and nutrients flow down to the roots instead of the plant reaching for them. If it works out, I'll hang a lot of them. If hung over the main garden, it would help maintain humidity and give some shade. Probably easier to control pests, too.

Had to replant some green beans. Some had gotten frostbitten and died.

Not sure mulch is helping at all. Scraped a lot off to the sides and spread more lettuce and carrot seeds. Going to plant more peppers inside just for safety.

Finally converted the old green hoses to drip lines. May have to enlarge some of the holes but working well overall.

Headed to work. Hard to type on the bus on Abq streets. Too many potholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment