Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Still no access

Still no computer access at work. In two more days, I'll have been there for three weeks. In the same time frame, the coworker who did most of my orientation finishes out-processing in preparation to be deployed to Afghanistan. That leaves me and one female airman in the clinic. If she has a training day, other duty or an appointment which takes her away from the clinic, I have no way to log on and do my job.
Yet I walk in to talk with the woman that is supposed to be setting up my access and find her spending more time texting than working. Not much I can do about it.

Guess the converted drip hose is doing okay. Garden is looking better. Of course, I also pretty well drenched the soil on Sunday. Watered a bit less last evening and this evening.

Even though I was hoping, it's amazing me that at least some of the tomato plants which had gone dormant are now reviving! Most are small and just starting to grow new leaves but some which are taller are beginning to show signs of life again. Good part of this is that the root systems are well developed and they are already larger than the seedlings inside the house. Maybe they'll mature enough in a few weeks to start producing?

The big tomato plant inside needs to be trimmed again. Becoming quite overgrown.

Made one upside down tomato planter this evening. Once it's made, the plant has to grow with the container upside down for at least a week or two. Then the whole thing can be inverted and hung. I planted a beefsteak tomato plant in this one. May make more of them and compare how various vines do.

Strawberries are looking better. That is, all of them. The one inside, the hanging planter and the ones in the garden. None really look better than another as yet, so I'll have to give it time.

Started the giant pumpkin seeds inside tonight. They would probably root if planted directly but..um.. I planted other pumpkin seeds outside a couple weeks back rather randomly. Now I don't recall where. Give those a chance to show before deciding where to plant these. These have to be planted soon because they take as long as six months to grow. But they grow as large as 300 lbs. I would still like to try growing a couple even larger than that.

Looks like I'll make it through to payday next Monday. I was a bit ahead cash-wise, it seemed. But had to get dog food, which made that a bit less. Still need to get things for Easter but will still make it.

Gotta get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment